Thursday, April 8, 2010

The two of us together, we can do anything.

Hi there! Remember me? I'm the one that's suppose to be posting updates about Humanité here :) We've had a whirlwind of the last two weeks - two weeks that's ended up encapsulating some of the biggest milestones in our lives, personally and professionally. I usually won't post things of a personal nature - but it's been too good not to share!
Last Wednesday, March 31st, my husband received the letter we've been waiting for - his results for the NC Bar - and he passed!!!! To say I am proud of him is an understatement - I've never seen anyone work so hard towards something. In addition to his 3-years of law school, he would study weekends, holidays, everyday possible for hours upon hours to prepare to take the Bar exam - the man is a machine! So now he is licensed to practice law in Georgia and North Carolina. He's amazing. and I just so happen to find amazing to be hot :)
Within that same week, I opened the doors of Humanité for good. I decided to plan a "soft opening" for Saturday, March 27th for a few hours - just family and friends - to get a better feel for the day-to-day operations and get feedback on the store. That night, I was overwhelmed with joy. I couldn't believe the positive feedback the store was receiving. What made it even better was the sense of community and excitement that seemed to be brewing. Bryson City is changing, and it's changing for the better. That night it was as if everyone, including myself, was finally seeing what this community can accomplish with each others support and a dream.
So Humanité is finally open! Our hours are M-F 10am-7pm; Sat 10am-8pm and closed Sundays. The website is in the works and will be launched in July with the ability to do online shopping from the store. Until then, I will update you on new shipments that arrive via the blog and our facebook page. If you have any questions, feel free to call us down at the store at 828.538.4180 or email at litsemba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment