Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank goodness for this gal...

I believe that everyone needs a go-to person. Someone who’s repertoire exceeds your wildest notions and is nothing but professional to boot. Meet Liz. My go-to resident artist extraordinaire. And she makes Humanité look good. Really good.
In the beginnings of Humanité, I set out to combine the obvious beauty of the surroundings we live in with a dash of modern sophistication and a dose of accessibility. For those that know me well, know that caffeine highs, too much HGTV and a wildly talented mother fuel my creative whims. But those collective notions equal nothing more than the artistic genius’ of ill-drawn stick figures and the handwriting of a 6-year old (just ask my college friends – disastrous) So when I approached Liz about an idea of making a giant paper mache tree to hold the jewelry in the store, I was elated when her response was, “I really enjoy making paper mache!” I knew she was a keeper! From there, I kept throwing ideas at her out of left field and each one was always met with an enthusiastic response and a way to make them come into fruition. Like I said, she makes Humanité look good. Not too long ago Liz began learning the art of professional sign making from Frank Lee of Frank Lee signs. If you’ve been to Bryson, chances are you’ve seen some of his great work. Frank’s band, The Freighthoppers, – whom you need to check out, PRONTO - have been taking off and really making a name for themselves in the Old-time music world. Thus making room for Liz to take over a significant amount of Frank’s clients and work while he’s touring and singing.
Signs, pillows, apparel tags, paper mache, signs, screen-printed tees and bags; just a few of the things that artist Liz Nance can handle without breaking a sweat. ….Oh, did I mention she sings like an angel, plays the guitar and anything else you put in her way? She’s truly an artist and one of the best I know.
If your interested in talking with Liz Nance for one of your projects, feel free to email her at folkdom@yahoo.com and consider this one highly rated recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment