Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Musings....

A woman's quest to be a better person, mom, friend, lover and many other specialties is a never-ending roller coaster ride where we always, willingly, take front seat. It seems to be in our nature but we need to be reminded to be kind to ourselves and others as they make mistakes. Because at one time or another, we've sucked at something.
So when someone who we believe has it together a little more than most is willing to share her secrets, successes and failures with the world, it's great to be able to soak up the tidbits of information that can make our daily lives that much easier.
For me, the topic that I get a big fat F for failure on, is cooking. So when a good friend of mine from college put together a blog that chronicles the various recipes and concoctions she has made, I was in love and automatically an avid reader (as well as the wife to a thankful husband.) She's the chick who taught me years ago how to make an awesome salad that to this day, I still have in my repertoire. I mean what 20 year old college student knows how to make a healthy, easy and nutritionally complete meal with anything except beer and Doritos? Which by the way, beer and Doritos are still the main ingredients in a meal for me - it's like I'm a perpetual bachelor.
The blog is called Random Me, Emily and you need to check it out asap. She's always finding the coolest deals in stationary and clothing and also chronicles her adventures in student teaching in which she just recently went back to school for. Oh, and she's also getting married in a few days. And consistent with her blog. And cooks. And has time to go out. And can actually wear her hair short and look cute. Ridiculous, I say. (Thanks Emily!) :)

Click here to visit Random Me, Emily Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment